Sunday, January 5, 2014

First Post! Engaged!

So...I have no idea that I even made a blog many years ago. I only realized this when I went to go read my friend's blog and wanted to create an account so that way I can follow her posts. I will probably blog about random everyday things. I like to bake, play games, and I'm also a runner (trying to get better). 

I have been with a wonderful man named Song Tuong for 7 years now and he finally popped the question last night! Now we're engaged! So, I guess I might be blogging about all my wedding planning frustrations and whatnot, since Chinese/Vietnamese weddings are so culture/tradition-based--did I mention the parents and elders have a heavy influence on when things go down? Extra stress comin' right up! So it'd be nice to have an outlet to just let it all out or whatever. 

Christmas @ Keomany's 2013

Here's a picture of my fiance and I :) (taken w/George's instant film camera which was pretty cool!)
My engagement ring! :D
I know, I know-the box looks SUPER Asian. Haha. It even has a little latch on it! :P

I'm just excited for our future together :) the date for our engagement is TBD by the parents and elders in our families. G-ma has a certain date in mind apparently, so we will have to wait and see :) I am really nervous about planning all this, because I feel like I can't plan things very well....and dress shopping?! Are you kidding me?! If you know me, you know I don't like wearing dresses....and I'm not much of a shopper...so this is probably where my sisters and bridesmaids will have to come into play because I might shoot myself during the dress shopping process haha. 

Welp, it's getting late so I guess I'll end it on this note....it's all about to go down! 

2 comments: